The health and safety of our patients, team and community have always been and continue to be our #1 priority. We are constantly monitoring all of the most current recommendations of how to keep our patients and team safe. Our office protocols follow all of the latest recommendations from the health authorities (Ministry of Health, the College of Dental Surgeons and the BC Center of Disease Control).
Kindly remember that we have taken these measures to keep everyone as safe as possible. Please ensure the following steps are followed for your office visit.
Before your appointment:
1. A questionnaire will be emailed to screen our patients for symptoms of Covid-19. We kindly request that any patients who have any Covid-like symptoms, who have been exposed to someone who has tested Covid positive, or who have travelled outside of the province within the last 14 days to reschedule their appointments. Maintaining the safety for all our patients and team is our ultimate priority.
2. If you have not already submitted the Covid Informed Consent form, please complete and return it before your appointment.
3. Brush your teeth right before coming to your appointment. To minimize the amount of aerosols produced, our tooth brushing station will be closed.
4. Please go to the bathroom before coming to your appointment. The bathrooms will be closed as we will not have keys available to access them.
5. You must wear a mask/bandana to your appointment.
At the time of your appointment:
1. Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time but please DO NOT BE LATE. The schedule has been devised to ensure physical distancing of patients and to minimize the number of people in the office. If you are late, we may have to reschedule your appointment.
2. We ask that each patient enters the office alone. Minors who need additional assistance may be accompanied by one caregiver. We kindly ask that siblings who do not have scheduled appointments do not attend. Parents are asked to stay in their vehicles. We can call or email parents who would like an update on their child’s treatment.
3. When arriving at the office, please stand at the location marked at the door and remain there until someone greets you. Hand sanitizer is placed there for you to use immediately upon entering.
4. You will be asked the same Health Screening for Covid-19 questions as in the email you received. Your temperature will also be taken at this time.
5. Please maintain the 6-foot physical distancing guidelines when in the office. Locations where you are able to sit in the reception area will be marked.
6. Only once seated in the clinic will you be asked to remove your mask. You will be provided a solution of hydrogen peroxide to rinse with.
We thank you all for your support during this time. Our practice would not exist without our amazing patients, and we are so grateful for each and every one of you. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unprecedented times. The safety of our patients, our team and our community is always our top priority. We maintain our commitment to you to deliver the highest quality of orthodontic care in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Dr. Louie, Dr. Mah and Team