Successful treatment requires that you participate in your care. We do the very best we can orthodontically, but there are things that you will be required to do for an ideal outcome.
- Brush, floss and eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Avoid hard, sticky foods. Minimizing decalcification, periodontal issues and breakages will result in a better final result.
- See your family dentist for a cleaning and check-up just before the braces are placed and continue your regular dental check-ups and hygiene appointments during your orthodontic treatment.
- Wear your appliances as they have been prescribed (elastics, headgear, retainers, etc)
- Please inform us if there is any change in your medical or dental history.
- Call immediately if there is any discomfort or if anything is broken and we will make the appropriate appointment. Please call even if you already have an appointment since any repair needed might take longer than we have scheduled.
- Be on time for appointments, and please try to call two working days in advance if you have to reschedule.
Please make sure to ask us questions! Treatment always goes best when it makes sense to you.