Orthodontics for Adults
Braces aren’t just for kids anymore. Tooth alignment can be changed at any age if your gums and bone structure are healthy. Drs. Louie and Mah offer a variety of treatments that are designed for different age groups – including adults. Your new smile can begin today.
Orthodontic treatment at any stage in life can dramatically improve your personal appearance and self-esteem. Improving the health of your teeth and gums is equally important. Crooked teeth and a bad bite can contribute to gum and bone loss, tooth decay, abnormal wear of the tooth enamel and surfaces, headaches and functional issues.
Good news! The new techniques and appliances we use greatly reduce discomfort levels, decrease the frequency of visits, shorten treatment time and may allow you to choose from several options. Your options may include metal braces, translucent braces or transparent aligners to improve mild cases of misaligned teeth.
During the initial examination, Dr. Louie or Dr. Mah will be able to determine the best possible treatment for your individual needs. At this first visit, we can outline the treatment plan, time of treatment expected and the approximate cost. A large percentage of our patients are adults, and they agree that it’s never too late to improve on of their greatest assets – their smile.
Invisalign is the clear way to straighten teeth without braces, using aligners. Aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. As the aligners are removable, you can still eat and drink what you want and brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth. There are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions. Many of our patients had never considered traditional braces but are now happily and comfortably improving their smiles with Invisalign.
Briefly, INVISALIGN is:
- Nearly Invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces
- Compiled of a series of clear, removable, custom-made Aligners that you change
- Uses no metal wires or brackets
- Custom-made for ideal fit and comfort
How does Invisalign work?
- Each set of aligners is worn between 1-2 weeks
- Aligners are removed only to eat, drink, brush and floss, otherwise they need to be worn 20 - 22 hours/day to be effective
- Your teeth will move gradually each week
- Your appointments are scheduled between 6-10 weeks apart
- Total treatment time vary depending on the complexity and scope of dental correction. Each person is different and hence, so are the number of aligners